Mixtape #4

Here are some old and new songs that have been stuck on repeat on my iTunes this month..


Mumford & Sons - Hopeless Wanderer

Another one of Mumford & Sons songs to be selected on my mixtapes but this song is certainly the best song on the album in my opinion. Its variation of the slow sections where Marcus can express his lyrics then Mumford erupt into a mass of acoustic energy which will get any crowd jumping. I heard this song live recently and the atmosphere was electric which further cemented my constant listening of this song.

Listen to it here








Damien Rice - Coconut Skins

This song needs no additional praise from me as it should be a well listened song from everyone. I must confess that I hadn't heard of this since like two weeks ago but I haven't stopped listening to it since then! Damien is an expert at catching emotion in his songs and this doesn't let down that expertise with its lyrics and Damien's bitter voice. If you haven't heard this song please listen to it now..

Listen to it here







Jamie xx @ Boiler Room

Jamie xx isn't shy from the music scene these days and this time he has made a 55 minute mixtape at the Boiler Room. Jamie mixes some deep house beats while adding some great lyrics from his fellow band members in the xx for any crowd to enjoy. You can easily relax to this release but it wouldn't a surprise to hear a couple of these tracks getting played in clubs around town.

Listen to it here



Byron Stingly - Get Up (Everybody) (Parade Mix)

There is only one word for this song - funky. I downloaded Ministry of Sound's Funky House Classics ages ago to do some DJing on my Mac but I didn't use this song until last week when I was messing on with the djay app from the app store and what a foot-tapper! You should definitely give this a listen and don't be afraid to drop it into your next house party because I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't want to dance to this tune.

Listen to it here





Odd Future - Forest Green (feat. Mike G)

I am personally a huge fan of Odd Future even though there are many criticisms of them but this song is definitely the best on the album. Mike G does most of the lyrics but it still includes all of the explicit, crude lyrics that have made OF notorious. If you want a true feel of OF though I would suggest listen to earlier stuff first then proceeding onto this album.

Listen to it here



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Written by Jordan Laffey. Powered by Blogger.
 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About